Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Rough winds do shake the darling buds....

Today was an important election for education in our county and the technical school is losing 90 to 10, Northridge lost by 100% negative and we have yet to hear about our Newark public schools. The day was clear and warm but turn out could have been better. So many residents are struggling and unemployment is 10% and rising. I honestly do not know what will be tomorrow's plans if this election goes down again. Rough winds are blowing here in the old home town.
I am slowly regaining motion and movement in my back but how fragile the human body and skeleton is and yet so vital for the quality of life. Hopefully with continued rest, smooth stretches and slow gentle movements I know I can be on the path to normalcy. I am cautious to plan too many activities so that I can go to King Arts Complex on Thursday for Queen Brooks and Lyn Logan Grimes opening. This exhibit is a collaboration of women and their personal narrative stories and inspirations to share for the next six weeks. I am anxious to study their marks and colors as I continue to research my whispers and echoes pieces.
I have been hearing from Australia, Africa, England and Scotland about the disintegration project as well as from all over the USA. We are all waiting for the "next step" in this collaboration and where this process will transport our spirits. Transformation is a very strong wave when it first begins and seems to pick up energy as the artists unite in the procession of thoughts, words and ideas. I am back to work for now. I am waiting for an email from Gayle Pritchard, we reunited on Sunday and she is guiding me in my book quest. Gayle is working on an autobiography for Susan Shie and her life as an artist. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

2 comments:

  1. So nice to read your thoughts. Life is so fragile and tentative. I am excited to continute to read about your disintegration project.
    Great to see you again. By the way, I don't know if you have read the economic impact of the arts study just completed by Bowling Green State University, which was mentioned at Ohio Designer Craftsman on Sunday, but it's worth a read. Very uplifting!

    ReplyDelete