Monday, May 4, 2009

meadowlark melody from my front porch swing....

The swing is old and the swinger, me, is even older. As I stopped for a moment to just sit still...I was blessed with the songs from the evening meadowlark. Today is my "gotcha" day where years...25 tears ago I adopted my two daughters who were 3 and 4 years old. Like most parents I realize now that I had no idea what I was getting into as a new parent. The road was not smooth and all Hollywood for any of us. The girls had been in too many foster homes to list and had had a rough childhood life. I spoke to my daughter tonight as she was beginning to wrestle her three little girls and wrangle them inside the house for bath time. I have been so blessed with all they have brought into our lives; the good and the bad have enriched my survival skills and deepened my capacity for really loving. As the ferns rise in my wildness, into a beautiful fiddle head ballet; making a family is an ongoing performance Art. Learning and appreciating the act of Love is the greatest gift here on Earth.
I had a bad sneeze today and tried to hold it in and ...whoops I pulled an important muscle in my back that put me to bed with a heating pad. I also remember May 4th for the 39th anniversary for the shootings at Kent State. Did we as a country learn anything? Frustrating true, but I had a day where I rested and recounted my joyful reunion with dear friends yesterday at the opening. I am blessed and ready to continue my work...echoes and whispers from Women's Work. I daydreamed different scenarios and compositions in my heart and mind while the greening trees outside my bedroom windows swayed in the breezes on this glorious May day. Color your world in Joys. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog… you can find more Porch Swings. ideas, which will help you to decorate your home.

    ReplyDelete