Thursday, April 16, 2009

revelations and a journey for solace...

What was once familiar
now seems strange
and somewhat strained
What was once my place of solace
is foreign
and somewhat strained
I left to walk out into the sunshine
with a realization that you can not go home
and that is why I feel this enormous strain.
I need to listen with my heart... to my heart.

After my time in the gallery I went to the Will; our Goodwill for a moment of release. I found a wonderful edition with all the Winnie the Pooh poems and stories but it was for me as well as my grandchildren. I also found a mystical paperback called The Sight by David Clement-Davies. I bought the book because the book cover is of a white wolf with piercing golden eyes. The back of the book says this is a heart warming work of imaginative vision. I will see if I can concentrate well enough and over come my dyslexic tendencies to read this story. The White wolf is my constant companion. Have a restful night. I went outside with my Rosie and the evening sky is crystal clear with the dancing twinkle of celestial lights in my western horizon. Imagine and Live in peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

2 comments:

  1. This poem is so powerful. It really gripped me and I have read it over several times already. Did you write it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did write this.. I felt naked in my emotions and unsure of where I belonged. Thank you for reading my vulnerable thoughts and your kindness in your support with a few other... thousand intimate artists. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen

    ReplyDelete