Saturday, April 4, 2009

Gallery Hop or March madness?

Ken was lucky enough to get out to enjoy the warm Spring sunshine on the golf course and I stayed in bed with coffee, old movies and my new Quilting Arts magazine. Grandma was tired from her Spring Art Week Camp! I went out this afternoon in search of a fine metallic thread in copper to use in my embellishment in my hand quilting. A few years ago I had no trouble locating some very nice but fragile threads but today it can be a challenge. I did discover two different brands that I hope to work with tonight so I will keep you posted on if they are working. I went to see my Deborah at the Walmart beauty salon to get a short bob haircut...now Erin and Tina and I have all chosen to lighten the load with a short bob. It feels great and will grow back before I realize it and with warm weather right around the corner I am going for comfort and coolness. I am such a "hot headed person" now with the titanium and platinum coils inside my brain. When it was cold you could witness this phenomenon by watching my heat waves radiating this past winter. I headed over to Hobby Lobby for a couple of small items and then did a small amount of shopping and picked up my medications before I made my way home. We are relaxing in tonight...I just could not bear to take Ken away from his basketball and I need to keep on working on my quilt. I have been contacted by a woman in Columbus to see some of my images of my quilts but I am waiting to see exactly what she is interested in. We did get a phone call from my past and telling me how she and her husband saw us at the Columbus Museum of Art. The girls are still dancing in the sun for their day at the museum. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment