Tuesday, April 28, 2009

milestones deserve remarkable gifts...

I spent the day catching up on the never ending routine chores every household includes. My daughter called me during the afternoon when I was celebrating an Abba event while I was home alone....remember to dance like no one is looking! Ken and I ended up picking up the girls after school and headed downtown to The Works so they could hopefully meet the visiting artist from Costa Rica and see his wonderful exhibit. Juan Carlos Camacho was there and kindly walked around the gallery with the girls and answered their questions with the patience of the father that he is. We made plans to come back and pick up Juan Carlos at his residence so we could all have an early dinner together. I really like this young man and I wanted to have him share an evening meal together we Ken and I before he returned to his work alone in the artist residence. Time has flown by this week and he is headed to Georgia on Thursday for his next exhibit. I feel Ken and I have been so fortunate to have had such a diverse group of talented artists share our life over the last 23 years. I am hopeful that this circle will continue to grow up in to our golden years.
Ken is still grading his final works from his students and I thought I would spend the rest of this moment in time quilting on my piece... but I had another fall this afternoon and I guess I am more tired than I realized. Now I am sore and frustrated because I lost my balance once again and will have to take time to ...well feel better. Please say a prayer that tomorrow I will ready to return to my mission quest. Take time to remember your milestones in your daily life and share simple but remarkable gifts with those you love. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great day with family and friends. Sorry to hear about the fall. I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete