Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ferris Bueller's Day Off...

I am usually not on the computer until the end of the day but when I carried some "art stuff" down to Ken's man cave and sure enough one of the most disrespectful and outrageous movies from 1986 was on the TV for background noise while Ken was responding to his students emails. Before I knew it I was totally engrossed in a memory of me teaching at Whitehall and showing this movie...yes this movie to my 8th graders! I forgot yo preview the movie at then end of the year and every time I meet up with a student from this class of 86 we have a great laugh together. I guess that parents in Whitehall were not offended by anything in this classic movie that is often shown numerous times on regular TV stations throughout the year. Important lessons were shown in this artful??? movie like "Who do you really love?" Would your answer be things... or a special person we take for granted daily? Would it be security? Or do you have faith that there is a gentler guiding father holding us in his hands? We could all use a little Faith.
I am going out this afternoon to meet up with someone who has asked me to address an engagement soiree for their son and a dear young friend Anna Walker; who is getting married in July. The colors are champagne and soft gray and I can use my calligraphy inks and make a memory for everyone. I made a pendant in fused glass for Anna as a small gift and I have to say I think its delicacy and soft dichroic shimmers of soft colors is something I was really proud of. I need to stop by for another package of envelopes to show the mother of the groom and then I need to head home and attempt to photograph my newest calves down on Kelley Lane. No I have not seen our infamous barstool racer lately but he did give me inspiration for a silly little piece... just for me. Tomorrow the girls and I will begin the Easter rituals and make individual Bunny cards for special friends! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment