Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Revelation of my Mysterious Disintegration Project

a light rain kissed my face as I searched for an answer...
I slowly unveiled the sacred remnants hiding under a budding clematis...
the sheer purple silk ribbon from my mother's last bouquet slid quietly off the wrapped book...
as almost if the ribbon had never been exposed to the winter's brutal harsh elements...
fortitude and perseverance ...
the sheer white gauzy cotton wrap was blackened and almost unrecognizable when I release the second knot...
a stubborn obstacle to be released but not without a fight to remained sealed in silence...
and the coarse polyester yarn relaxed and showed no wear after this test in exposure in Nature' elements...
but the accordion paper book had been eaten away by a small creature possibly for a nest...
gently I began to persuade the accordion pages that were filled with affirmations to open to reveal their secret diaries nurtured by neglect or protection...
some words were visible and yet somewhat hidden in the earth's black mold that collages with my sacred marks and mementos adhered with glue to the simple papers...
stitches remained connected...
plastic netting protected the small borrowed poem...
to help a man help himself...the work of his hands...
the aromas from the earth's inclusion and almost invasive process filled my nostrils...
small roly poly bugs slid from the crevices and ridges on the surviving paper pages...
green relief still visible;imagine a world with zero trash;
a miracle to be realized? I can make a difference with my individual vote....
the power of one individual....
art saves lives...
art saves lives...
art saves lives...

I can hardly wait to learn the next lesson. Imagine Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

12 comments:

  1. I had tears in my eyes reading this and the video - outstanding stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words describing a treasure found is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so grateful to hear your heart felt words of support and encouragement. I hope we can continue our journey down this path of the unknown...the risk widens our lenses and strengthens our hearts. Keep me posted on the next possible adventure. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post/poem. A perfect homage to the collaboration between artist and nature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW! I so enjoyed your project and what a way you have with words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your discriptive writing. I was waiting with bated breath for you to reveal the treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your video presentation of your disintegration process...and your save the earth quilt is quite lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow--this is wonderful! The poem, the video. All lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful thoughts and beautiful process! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete