Monday, April 27, 2009

My Value of Art....

I have been working on this article for Michelle Channel's work of art...our first professional LCA Artist directory; this is going to press this week. Needless to say this is not an easy task to put into words and I do so want to make this a sincere and authentic article. The last week has been full of valuable art experiences in our community. The Dawes Arboretum celebration, The Art Walk in downtown Newark, meeting a gracious Costa Rican artist Juan Carlos Camacho with his beautiful watercolors shown at The Works gallery, The Portrait Exhibit at the LCA gallery and our beloved Don Gunnerson's six decades of art making at Liz Argyle's downtown gallery. Our families joined in a happy art experience filled with Joy and music and laughter. I am tired but totally am breathing jubilation with this moment in time. My passion for the Arts strengthens my body and soul. I have my "disintegration" photos to collect and select for Seth, I have a composition for the Laramie Project with Judy Shepard (mother of Mathew Shepard), the colors to be selected for the Aguilar sisters three canvases and continue quilting on my Kath Walker narrative quilt. Do I really have to do the housework? the laundry? cook the dinner? YES I do!
I am enjoying the documentary day with the Sundance channel on Monday's and in the background the "Traveling Wilburys" documentary is being celebrated. Tom Petty, George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison were all engaged in making vocal arts in performance. Dylan blows me away and Jeff .... the guitarists , Jim... was the percussionist created recordings collaborating together and in front of the vocal microphone as intimate performance art. If you get a chance to see this documentary short you will see the importance of community and making sound, tones and vocal gifts for the world's musicians to enjoy! "Congratulations" is a favorite of mine with its instant collaboration of Bob Dylan the Wilbury's.

No comments:

Post a Comment