Monday, April 20, 2009

Mondays Monday...why do you have to be so gray?

I had a wonderful invitation arrive today from Queen Brooks and Janet to a collaborative exhibit that will open at Elijah Pierce Gallery on May 7, 2009 in Columbus. In the spirit of their ancestors these courageous women have worked intensely to partner; Inspire; Encourage; Educate and Elevate women in the Arts. I need to contact the King Arts Complex to schedule the artist talks and lectures; I would like to learn more from this wonderful group of women.
I delivered my invitations to a good friend for her son's upcoming nuptials and then went on a journey quest to find some materials for a dress...Yes... I said a dress for my god child's wedding in August in Charleston, South Carolina. I am still leaning to something very simple and cool in maybe a french blue with small bead embellishments. The South is just so humid so I need to find a comfortable and easy design to have ready for the trip down south. I can not tell you how long it has been since I have made a dress for myself. Vintage design elements are possible with a flowing skirt and a very light shawl to drape over my shoulders. Anyway I have looked in several shops and most are for the very young and hip ladies and when they might have a chance of fitting they are so darn disappointing in their design. The costs are way out there and I guess they do not know we are in the middle of a recession. Wish me luck!
I went on line last night to search for homemade deer repellents. My outdoor family members have chowed down on just about everything that is trying to come up. The lilies are just a memory and my beautiful hosta plants are almost invisible. If it rains tomorrow I will put some fertilizer on the remaining survivors and hope for a resurrection. Have a great evening. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment