Wednesday, September 23, 2009

the langauge of my heart...




I have been beating myself up because I have been battling with overwhelming fatigue and tonight I discovered I was not giving myself enough of the needed medication in my Sunday night injections. After a brief consultation with my pharmacist I now think I will be able to "do the right thing" but I do wish it was like the good old days when a nurse or practitioner would provide the medications and injections but with all the medical cost cuts I realize this is a financial impossibility. I am learning more with each new day but it is so frustrating attempting to stay on top of this situation. Give me peace.

Sometimes when one is tired and weary the silent language of love from a stranger is like a guardian angel lifting up the burden of that particular day. It may be a quiet smile as you pass one another in the grocery store aisle... or a moment when someone puts another ahead in the check out line.... or holding a door when you race out into a rainy night to get to your car... the are earth angels here watching over us as we go through our daily routines. Simple gifts. I want to remember to be that earth angel for others when I take the time to see another struggling and needing an extra helping hand. Time is all we have to give and when the world appears to be askew ; stop for a moment and become the change we want to see in our community/family/world.

I have a wonderful adventure for you to take if you are up to some twisted entertainment. Check out The Altered Page and play with the video interactive game called "Nobody is home"..I will warn you that once you start you may never get off the computer. The man at the typewriter and his sub-conscious ramblings will lead you in and out of a fantasy story line. Seth found this small wonder and definitely will be in a category of "what do you think they will think of next?". Enjoy and play on a gloomy and rainy day... smile because no one is watching. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

3 comments:

  1. We all are angels to each other---the small things are what life is about.
    I used to work in a dr's office, and have seen the frustration in elderly patients who could not understand what they needed to do with their meds, and yes, the days of the nurse (sadly) are past, except in hospitals.
    I trust my pharmacy in the highest order. They don't miss a thing.
    Don't dispair! You can do what you need to with your injections; I am here mentally cheering you on! You will be fine. Trust me. and do consult with the pharmacist PRN.
    And I dare not chek out your other link yet---too much work on the table and not enough time...my health is going out the window for a bit.

    XXOO!!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anne for your kind words of encouragement...I can now hopefully get a handle on the lupus coming out of remission and tonight I plan on working on my handwork with embellishment stitches. We have had a gentle warm rain today so it did encourage me to be still and rest. Living with a chronic confusing condition is problematic...but YES I am still here. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might want to connect with Tammy, who has the blog "A Stitch In Thyme" and I believe the link is on my blog. She is, evidently in full blown lupus---someone to compare notes with. A very nice lady and it always helps to know you're *not the only one*.

    XXOO!!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete