Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I need to update ...Bravo President Obama...imagine hard work and persistence...controversy????





I stayed home today and worked on my chain stitching on the quilt surface and had a movie fest with HBO...I love a very serious movie about healing ...The Secret Life of Bees. The actors give a very intimate view of friendships that come full circle. A favorite quote keeps rerunning in my mind as I work on layers..."place a beehive on my grave and let the honey drip down on me". The life in a beehive is an appropriate metaphor for our own human relationships and the power of a queen bee and dedication of the worker bees to having an orderly manner of life. South Carolina in 1964... have the race issues really evolved? I have been moved by many of the quotes and may work these thoughts and images into a new piece of my work. Check this out as a thought provoking film and the photography is stunning.

I heard back from a blog "pinch me to see if you are dreaming" on some further playtime on youtube to make dramatic pages in your journal...check out http://www.youtube.com/user/artandsoul2 . Once you get the ball rolling they seem to appear like a magic book to open at your own leisure. It can be addictive with some new supplies and the house to yourself...crank up the CDs and have a party with colors. I should be working on an overview for the gallery director but instead I procrastinate with the best of them and play the day away. It is freeing me up to begin a collage for Ri'chard back in Nashville. A jive talking alligator in the celebratory colors of New Orleans!!! I do digress don't I? I spent time catching up on some missed blog entries and lost track of time...Help I need to be back to my work!

I have a new hair cut and I will need to update my image...it is shorter and easier to manage. Have a great evening! Imagine and Live in Peace. Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment