Tuesday, April 20, 2010

my lilacs have returned....




trust me I am not a hero...
I have just come inside from the healing sunshine
the bed has held my human vessel...
finally strong enough and willing to stand...
I embrace the day later than most
but as I walked outside to sit with the resting deer watching over me...
these quiet animals seem to know I will bring them no harm
the silence of the moment is only broken by the song of an unknown bird...
singing in the glory of this sunshine
my fiddle heads of my beloved ferns are unfurling and dancing ...just for me it seems...
my words can not articulate why I love these ferns...their annual renewal is hope
the vinca vine is unfurling and giving birth to beautiful blue blooms turning up toward the sun ...
the greatest of my gifts are the blooms from a lilac bush...one of the survivors from the winter's ravage...
fragrant and uplifting to the sky's clear blue velvets dotted with fluffy ethereal clouds.
I am at peace wrapped in the moment of an afternoon's quiet.
Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful post!!! Hope you are feeling better- breathe deep the heady fragrance of the lilacs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fiddle heads are up too....beautiful backlit by the sun. Am heading out to try and get some late afternoon shots of the lilac. It is where there is no shade, so it is hard to get good full color pics.
    I think I need a sit in the sun, and not on the mower either.... ;)

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. These Spring days are fantastic for both the body and the heart and soul of us! Enjoy. Great photos and it could be my backyard with the deer and the lilacs and the fern. I have some lone lily of the valley coming up near my fern. Take care dear friend. Lennie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos. Nature can be a great comfort.

    ReplyDelete