Thursday, February 11, 2010

You can never hold back Spring...a melodic song runs through my brain





This morning I was flying through the channels as I had my hot cup of Java and on the Sundance channel they were playing "The Tiger and The Snow" with one of my favorite actors Roberto Benigni with his wonderful actress partner Nicollette Braschi. Dreams were a major theme of this movie as well as the war in Iraq...strange combination yes but the movie was an intriguing diversion as I prepared to get out of the house! I can see the driveway down to the black asphalt and I had places to go and groceries to buy before the next snowstorm that is due on Friday and Saturday. My small little Geo handled the ruts in the road like a pro and when I arrived at the first destination I realized I did not have my wallet...Yikes how could I have been so careless? I had a wee little bit of cash with me so I was limited to what I would be able to buy. I went to my special thrift stores and picked up a couple small vintage fibers but there were not any great delightful finds. Except I found two large dinosaurs for my Mr. Cole... a triceratops and a long neck plant eater...I will check with Cole for the proper scientific identification. I went in to see my Katrina Hurricane transplant to congratulate her on her New Orleans Saints win in the Super Bowl but she was not in so I left her a message. She is a courageous woman and this couple of weeks of harsh winter weather has tested her strength. I headed on home and decided to let Ken pick up milk for tonight and tomorrow I will go out "prepared" with my wallet!

I came home and quilted the rest of the afternoon away and worked on some fun messy papers to make some artist trading cards in the near future. I may even use some of the wild ones for Valentines for my rock and roll grand daughters to drop off on Saturday with the festive cupcakes for the littlest cupids in my heart. Now they will not try to compete with the professional ones April makes in her specialty bakery in Pittsburgh but for a grandma they will bring smiles on a snowy day! I am off to watch Project Runway with Tim Gunn in New York...I know this is a small indulgence but it is easy to work to while I am quilting...you do not have to pay attention until the very end :o)! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

2 comments:

  1. Well, arriving somewhere without your purse is a pain. BTDT. I now, HIDE a Twenty in my car for those times when I've done it again. Of course, that doesn't get you far in the grocery store.
    Another, snow storm? You guys are getting hit hard all of a sudden. Stay warm.
    Now, on to your FULL WOLF MOON quilt. BEAUTIFUL.
    OMG all that work you put into it. I love it. Just love it. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. She...my January Wolf Moon is still needing a bit more of thread stitching/drawing with blues. silver and violets. Working on the photo transfer is difficult because of the stiffness of the fabric after the process. You have inspired a small series for me and my Hunger moon is on the work table upstairs. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete