Monday, February 8, 2010

Oh when the Saints go marching in...




Yesterday's Super Bowl was a good game...if you will take my observations...but the half time show was lame...and I grew up on the Who. It is time to face facts that in the fact that we are not kids anymore and when we age gracefully we realize what the wisdom of the years has taught us. As an artist I am continuing to learn new things about myself and the making of my sacred marks. My connection with others who blog has become a public/private network to say thoughts and ideas out loud to the Universe. As other were involved with this super bowl phenomena I rested and hoped secretly that the Saints would be able win their first victory and celebrate a courageous city's renewal. Congratulations for a glorious football chapter for our sports histories.

Today was a beautiful day with bright sunshine and clear blue skies...it gave us all a false impression that the temperatures were warmer than they actually were. Ken and I went to lunch at Red Lobster and then to the post office and then we ordered our tickets for Sunday's performance at the Midland with two good friends who now live over in Columbus. I then went to the grocery to replenish the cupboards before the next snowstorm hits early tomorrow morning. Schools ended up be closed today and our county suffered a 16 car pile up this morning on route 161. So the winter storm is still heaping havoc on our community and I was grateful we had the bigger four wheel drive to make our errands. The ruts in the snow are now frozen and difficult to maneuver in my small 13 year old Geo. I think we are ready for the next storm and I look forward as long as I have power to catch up on my works and projects that are waiting to be completed or seal.

I did work our an arrangement to pay off a huge hospital bill from the first brain coiling in 2008 at Riverside hospital. They know I am sending the little I can afford and I explained that I had lost my beloved job in the gallery...I did not make a lot of money but it was easier then to stay on top of increasing prescriptions and the needed hospital procedures. I still have 2009 's surgery to pay for but it will be more of the same as I explained "you can not blood from a turnip". And in four weeks I am scheduled for another brain interventional procedure and angiogram and will start all over again with the newest payments. I am presently working with three different pharmaceutical agencies in order to be able to afford my monthly prescriptions...I want the same medical coverage that our Congress and Senate has...is this possible for all Americans? I feel I am an emerging spirit who is working daily to make a conscious decision to create sacred arks and in this small way I am building a more humane and kinder community. All artists have this power and spiritual responsibility to give back and make the process visible for those in a state of doubt. Have a great and warm evening safe in your studios ...creating your Peace. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

4 comments:

  1. Well, Gary saw the half-time show (I was in the kitchen) and he said Pete Townsend was barely moving. I guess he has some sort of illness. The reason for The Who being the entertainment??? CBS has them do the theme to three of the CSI shows.......I mean......oaky Anne, don't go there.
    We are currently under a winter storm warning and the snow is falling fast and furious; fine, blowable snow. Blizzard-like snow. DH is delayed for work and I wish he would just STAY HOME!
    I know this is coming your way and hope it has calmed by the time it gets there. Let it shed some fury here and get it out of it's system...okay, pun intended!
    Take care with the upcoming proceedures. If there are any answers I can help with on the drug company med forms, e-mail. Had to help pts. with that at the Drs office......it's been a few years, but... <:) ...offer stands!
    Be safe and warm my friend!

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe and warm for the next blast. It's snowing here all day. It's just what it does in Wisconsin. We watched the game, what fun! Both good teams but it's nice to see the Saint's win.
    :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Anne...we did hear from the third agency today over the telephone so hopefully we will know something soon. Money is very scarce for me right now but I know there are millions who are in the same boat with me. I want the same coverage as our Congress and Senate! Peace, Mary Helen

    ReplyDelete