Friday, February 19, 2010

Sunshine on my shoulders...






The sunrise today was so pink and peach and bright I felt this had to be a great day even for going to the hospital for more research and blood work. I try to remain patient and calm but lately I begin to feel the anxious feelings as soon as we begin our journey over to the hospital. Lupus is such a tricky diagnosis and requires a competent doctor/observer and a patient that would really work with the prescribed cautions and advice. My doctor is a humble person who is conservative and listens to me as I make my list of changes available to him. I really think he understands how important my work as an artist and my family is the most important aspects of my life. We left with consideration about possible changes and headed over to see Erin and the kids for chicken tortilla soup and a couple new books to read about dinosaurs before nap time.

The sun continued to radiate in a bright blue azure sky...tomorrow may have a different outcome but for today I promised myself to enjoy in the glow of the day. I am very tired from the whole experience and came home to retreat to my bed and my warm quilts. Tomorrow I will work and continue to study my collagraphs...I think that is the correct spelling. The text is small but mighty in inspiration and I will try to add the title and artists to my blog tomorrow.

"Making a decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have to have your heart walking outside your body." Elizabeth Stone ...tomorrow I am mixing my own crayons by melting remnants for one of my collages!!! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

2 comments:

  1. You know what I love is that with all this going on, in your life, you turn to ART as naturally as if it was turning to make a cup of tea.
    I know you know that many are holding you healing loving light energy. I connect up with other healers and we send the streams of energy.
    I hope you feel them as you wrap up in your healing quilts. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad you found the joy in the day...

    ReplyDelete