Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Can someone say A.D.D.???





My mind is like a skittle candy...enticed by too many wonderful experiences happening at the same time on the same night. The Westminster American Kennel Club 2010 in New York and the delightful black Scott Terrier won the best of show...every one of these breeds delights my senses and I have always loved and shared my life with my guardian angels...my dogs. The Vancouver Winter Olympics with snowboard down hill races and jumps...the individual male ice skating performances ...short performances tonight. I know many have questionable theories about the extravagant ice skater Johnny Weir and his flamboyant ways and costumes. Yet at the same moment I am enthralled by Evan Pulshinko (sp)...the six foot two inch ice skater who collaborated with Vera Wang in his costume for tonight's performance of Firebird. Each new skater is a treat for my eyes...I used to love roller skating but the ice skaters totally blow me away!!! I have also been participating in some journal tutorials on You Tube...I could be on here all night and not get any of my work done...these generous artists share their excuses, their inspirations and their processes for all the world to enjoy. I had wanted to get back to adding my quilting with the softest pink into the fur and coat of my small wolf pup for January Blue Moon collaboration. I also have seen and envied the graffiti papers she is creating with several other artists ...they are spectacular works in themselves and it will be delightful to watch as individual works of art. After I have my work finished Bea I truly want to explore these graffiti papers for myself but maybe on fabrics for one of my quilt processes. I have discover Seth Apter 's FotoFlexer program on his Secret Sunday #13...the possibilities will be infinite. If I did not have to sleep...oh well I am now too jazzed to stop and go to bed...I will get back to my pup's portrait.

I baked two hens this afternoon ...one for me and one for Erin to have on a day when she is too ill from early pregnancy and can serve a home-cooked meal to Chance and the two little ones. I added enough carrots and celery plus a sweet large garlic and red onion so the broth will create a wonderful chicken and noodle soup for later in the week. We had mashed potatoes and sourdough bread with real butter. Guess what...it is snowing once again and we have a fresh coat of sparkling snow crystals outside my back door and i do believe schools will be closed once again tomorrow. Ken went out this afternoon and said the side roads and rural streets are still very treacherous for the school buses. The state is now within a couple of inches of snowfall in the record of how much snow we have received in the month of little old February. We are home safe and still have our power so God is Good! Have a great evening and continue creating your lovely sacred marks! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

laissez les bon temp rouler...let the good times roll...Happy Madi Gras!!!

3 comments:

  1. LOL!!! I am in same mode, and trying to focus on work. Of course, I would rather be doing something else and that makes my stubborn brain balk at concentration. I'd like to blame that on the surgery, but alas, it is just the inner artist asserting her naughty self!
    So reading through your post sounds like you took a short tour through at least a portion of my brain (or what passes for one)! And yes, if only we didn;t have to sleep.....
    Is it nap time yet??? ;)
    Have a great day my friend!

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Helen, it sounds like mother nature has given you a wonderful excuse to stay put, create, cook, write and rest yourself. I think I enjoy the Winter sports more than the summer but that's because I adore the skating. They move like the wind. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are cozily cocooning. :)

    Alas, you didn't win my Thread of HOPE giveaway, but I wanted to thank you for stopping by. Have a beautiful day! :)

    ReplyDelete