Thursday, February 4, 2010

Doktor Kaboom...a man of Science for all children





Today was a much better day for me thanks to a few good friends and knowing I am on the correct road for my journey as an artist. I volunteered at the Midland today for Our Yellow Bus Series... a golden ticket for the green velvet seats. Many of these children in these difficult economic times would not be able to attend a live performance in a beautiful jewel of a theater. This entertainer/educator made Science come alive for the audience and the louder they got the better it was for everyone in the theater. "Doktor Kaboom" is a character that made the children feel welcomed and had plenty of audience participation and the colorful young man had them the audience from the very beginning of his performance. There were about seven middle schools and over 780 children in the house and I think 99% of them had a wonderful time.

I made a few errands and then paid some bills before I went shopping for my daughter's birthday tomorrow...money is tight but I wanted to get her something feminine because tomorrow we are supposed to have lunch together. I am saying we are supposed to go out but YES it is still winter and we could have 5 to 8 inches of snow and ice tomorrow. I will make her a birthday cake tomorrow and somehow Ken and I will get this over to her even if we have to reschedule our "ladies" lunch for next Tuesday. Hopefully Maya and Sabrina will be able to come over on Saturday and we will make Valentines and drink hot chocolate into the wee hours and have a good time together...I do miss the little dickens and it has been a long time since we had our own time together. It may not be high Art but the immediate process of creating a special card for someone you love is making a memory in our hearts.

I did not hear from the woman who upset me yesterday ...and that was a the best for me and her. I am working on my journey and was willing to sort of guide her...not do her work. Thank you all for listening to an injured spirit. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

3 comments:

  1. Honey, I would guide that woman right to the outhouse and then let Doktor KABOOM take over!!!! LOL!!!!
    Sorry; I am the unruly child on the bus!
    Seriously, the Dr. thing looked super! Plus he's kinda CUTE too.... >:) I will refrain from the word play running through my evil brain at the moment!
    Do not, I repeat, DO NOT speak with that woman again........
    And hopefully the weather will miss you!
    ((HUGS!!))

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with my insane friend, Anne. He is cute...and I too wouldn't mind seeing a few science experiments!! I know we're awful, but that's one of the many reasons she and I click so well!! LOLOLOLOL

    Enjoy your day and hopefully the weather won't be as bad as they say. And please, have nothing more to do with that woman...she's a soul eater!!

    xxoo,
    Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies and yes he is a cutie and tonight he puts an adult performance on the Midland Stage! I am suppose to usher tonight but the snow started ar eleven this morning and in two hours or so we have almost five inches...I do not have a four wheel drive...just a thirteen year old GEO. Pray for me because I am planning on going. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete