Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Celebrate...Ash Wednesday ? not quite but at least we only got a tiny bit of snow....

red rose in the afternoon...
candlelight...midnight sky with hints of vanilla
icicles drape the edge of the roof...add bells and I am sure you have music...
I tried to capture the ice dripping off the tip...I am not sure I captured this magical moment...

I did celebrate getting out of the house this afternoon and a short run to my favorite Goodwill where I found a small electric skillet to employ with my friendly plastics...and it was on sale for half off. I have been on a quest for an electric skillet but this small crepe size pan will be perfect to play with as I layer friendly plastics in an experimental button approach. I will keep you posted if this works out. I also made a run to pick up a baby gift and actually retrieve the mail from the phantom mailbox at the end of our hilly driveway...only bills but at least we still have our mailbox. The little buggers have been out of school too long and someone found excitement by "batting" several mailboxes on our circle drive. I only want to ask...WHY??? I have never understood the fascination of this so-called sport in my rural county??? I made a huge pot of chicken vegetable soup and Ken made a fruit pie...blackberries and raspberries baked in a luscious crust...whoops Lent began today...now you understand why I am an outlaw Catholic. I watched a favorite movie of mine...Tea with Mussolini...filmed in Florence, Italy. I have got to get back to Italy...the landscape mesmerizes me and the language exudes romance...even if I do not know what they are saying. In this movie the villains were easy to pick out even in German and the Fascist followers of Mussolini's regime. Now I am channel surfing while the Olympics pull on my heartstrings...last night was so exciting even if I misidentified the male skaters...Thursday night should prove to be interesting. Now I am back to my handwork and the news...go Sadie Sadie lucky lady you stole my heart...today our Scottie Rescue organization was on the news with special traits and details of this breeds characteristics. Supposedly the Scots are not good companions for small children..who knew? Enjoy my icicles on the roof edge this morning...they were almost three feet long and glistening in the meager light available. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment