Friday, February 18, 2011

Today was our last day of sunshine for a while...
























We had incredible warm temperatures and human spirits all day long. I have to pack for the trip tomorrow and have a baby card to make for my dear Amber Rose's baby shower. These are the reasons life continues with sunshine and a hopeful promise. The schools were out today and many parents brought their children down to the Works for an adventure and lunch. I finished my swinging monkey for Mason James's baby room and purchased an espresso frame to contain the bright colors and textures. I found a great baby gift bay complete with blue elephants , giraffes, monkeys and little leopard cubs playing in the jungle. I am putting the brown backing onto the canvas now and will finish the wrapping tomorrow.

I hope you enjoy my sharing my day...I love the gifts of friendship and the children exploring the studio as I work much like a child on different projects. I have the machines set up and ready to go for Monday's Art Apron sewing project. I will check in with you after I return from Louisville. Have a great weekend! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Mary-Helen, you have such a WONDERFUL space there, and it is no doubt just filled with good spirit from all those who pass through!
    I love that monkey, but then, I love monkeys period! ;-)
    Hope you have a wonderful day today; our skies are blue at the moment but I believe we have rain in the forecast. Good for studio time though....

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete