Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Texas Chair project by Damian Priour...and our own Chris Lang






















Yes I was tired today but a dear friend Chris Lang was invited to exhibit her felted chair with this most unusual chair exhibit at the Ohio Craft Museum in Columbus ,Ohio and will run until March 27,2011. The Artful Chairs and the Texas Chair Project is a very thought provoking, educational and often amusing exhibit that was curated in a chair them. The mediums and techniques ran the gamut with only the imagination to restrain the possibilities. I have ordered a catalog...they were only receiving 5 copies and these quickly sold out. When we walked up the stairs to the entry way...there was Chris Lang's Felted chair in the main center of the exhibit. Ken and I were the only LCA members who showed up to support our own star...and as I see it this was there loss. I then went around to photograph the exhibit and turned around to see Dorothy Barnes...an internationally know basket weaver and artist who invited me to exhibit some of my first quilted works and narratives with her at the Capital University's Schumacher Gallery about 25 years ago. This small amazing woman inspired me to see the world...New Zealand...when she was a guest lecturer at the Quilt Surface Design Symposium in 1990. This was an unexpected gift to my circle of life...she is active and still making her art and models how an artist works everyday to create a full life circle. I took way to many photos to post on one day so I will exhibit them in small rations to spice your inspirational juices. Congratulations Chris Lang...you have done yourself proud! Chris and I discovered that this museum has an elevator now...making it easier for more patrons to visit and view their exhibits.

We stopped by Erin's open house for her Three Kids and a Kitchen homemade caramel business. I picked up two special orders that I will deliver this week for her in Newark. We had a taste test sample of some of her newest recipes and we all filled out some response forms and several people ordered their Valentine Sweeties their unique sweet gifts. We stopped by the honeymooners Don and Betty ...and gave them their postcard invitation and the great elevator news that will allow them to visit and see this newest exhibit.

I am very tired tonight and still have to give myself the weekly injections in my abdomen...so I am so grateful that I have been blessed with a great weekend. Stay safe and warm this evening...yes we are receiving more snow tonight...:O-. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

6 comments:

  1. Think I just lost the comment I had started, so I will say it again. Your blog is fascinating. I love your fabric works. The Texas Chair Project looks terrific. Each chair is so creative and unique. Where was this exhibit held? Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning. I wish you good health and a delightful day ahead.
    Vernita Bridges Hoyt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the felted chair, just incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting that your friend's chair was a part of this way fun exhibit! It sounds like a tiring day, but a good day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what great interesting artful chairs! Thanks for sharing. Take care MH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like an interesting exhibition!Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had a most enjoyable browse through your blog early this Sunday morning. Interesting to see Dorothy Barnes who I've featured in one or two blog posts, I think. Love all the chairs!

    ReplyDelete