Tuesday, November 17, 2009

the beat of a human heart beat....








I attended a celebratory dinner tonight with energetic, positive people who work to make our community a better place to grow and raise a family. The Greater Licking County Convention and Visitors Bureau...whew that is the longest name ever...but tonight we held our annual 2009 dinner and Awards Program. We had our final board meeting for 2009 and then went to work setting up the beautiful dining room for our dinner with friends and family recognition. Tourism is an incredible gift for all diverse kinds businesses here in Licking county. After a quick update and brief announcements we began an evening of frolic with wonderful foods...I ate my dessert first... and then we had a most unusual life invigorating audience participation with "Roots of Rhythm" an amazing drumming experience where we became children for the evening. Drums, tambourines, rattles and bells and many many different drums brought the audience to their feet. In an economy where we do not often have things to celebrate tonight was for recognizing collaborations and partnerships to bring visitors to our wonderful community. Awards were given and hugs were exchanged and board recognition with the induction of new officers for 2010. I felt as if we were all in a huge pep rally and the joy was what we all need to move into a new season of activities and special family centered packages to share when you visit Licking county. Thank you all for your dedication and hard work. No one succeeds alone in this world.

I did not get to finish my long pieced jacket coat but I did wear my jazzy purple tights with my big girl boots ...I felt a wee bit feisty and as an artist we can get away with everything in how we dress. Ken was all decked out and our dear friends Don and Betty were our guests. I will include a few photos to share the frivolity of our evening! I doubt if i will be able to work late tonight so I will wish you all adieu for the night. Remember to listen to the beat of your human heart and dance as if no one is looking. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the tights!!! (you need to see some of my socks....) Wear what makes you happy; life is too short. And believe me--I do!
    The drumming sounds wonderful; had I een there I probably would have been thrown out for *enjoying* it too much! The old bass player in me...get in the pocket, get the groove going! Yeah!
    Sounds like a wonderful time...... :)

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is proof that every woman, artist or not, needs a pair of lucious, purply-plum tights. I want some! Sounds like a wonderful evening with people who make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tights! I love the boots! And, don't you too just look sooooooooooooooo cute! Drumming is so much fun. I have some hand held Native American drums that I used to use in a drumming class. Now, the grandkids and I use them. We go outside and just pound away. It's a wonderful sound. I remember once listening to an African drumming tape, in the car, it was so powerful that I had to pull over to the side of the road, get myself centered again, turn off the drums, so I could drive. lol :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for enjoying my wonderful night vicariously...all of these people in my circle of friends are so dear to me and keeping our community vibrant. I got those purple tights at Kohl's and would wear them every day if I could...I felt the energy of a small girl going off to school for the first day. I went to Catholic schools for 12 years and wore uniforms...so I may be slow but I have a lot of making up to do in wearing what I like. :-)

    The drumming experience was exhilarating ...I know the spelling is wrong but this is the best word for me now and with three brain surgeries behind me I am so fortunate to just be here!!!!
    Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart
    Ken helped me with the spelling...one day I am going to type exactly how my brain functions and she how many people will understand...LOL

    ReplyDelete