Monday, June 1, 2009

something is missing...a veil is growing cloudy

I am living with ...but still living with a companion known as Lupus. I was out in the "real" world every day last week and somehow I caught something. So I changed my plans and had to spend the last two days in bed. I have coughed so hard my whole chest hurts but with extra vitamin C and aspirin I got through the day with Documentary day on Sundance film channel. I missed a lot of "Our City Dreams" about five women artists living and creating in New York City. Nancy Spero; Marina Abramovic; Kiki Smith; Ghada Amer and Swoon. I will attempt to get this movie from Netflicks because it was an intimate view into some very unique works and processes. The next documentary was about the decisions Alice Neel made in her life as a portrait artist and being a parent. Alice lived most of her life in an isolation but her paintings "conjure up a memory or experience" with her brush strokes. Her family were honest about the challenges and hardships they lived through and the space she created between the intimate relationships in her life, nothing was sacred and yet the authenticity.
Please forgive me because I was interrupted by severe weather and a power loss due to an incredible storm that tore through Ohio. I will get back to you loyal readers soon. Imagine Peace, Mary Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment