Tuesday, June 2, 2009

a day in the life of making fused glass with some terrific women...





I have spent hours trying to sort my old clothes and I realized I have never thrown anything "really" out in the twenty two years we have lived in this house. What the heck is wrong with me? I am so afraid to be without "something" I think I might absolutely need...I don't need anything because I have everything I need already. Tomorrow Ken will help me distribute some very nice clothes to others who might need to get a start on a new job or another new chapter of their life. Here 's new beginnings!
Amber arrived tonight and we ran down to The Works to share some of my ladies and their joyful play with fused glass. We laughed, ate and drank wine and sparkling fruit juice. I am extremely proud of all the work that came out of this two hour session. New friends, new works, and now new memories of a day in June. Ken and I and Amber had a quick bite to eat and tomorrow we will work on her wedding invitations and finalize the wedding preparations and plans to babysit their precious pups while they are away on their honeymoon. Amber Rose has grown into a bright and beautiful woman who has goals and is beginning her Law degree education. I may be a little prejudiced but she is one terrific woman and her parents should be very proud! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

3 comments:

  1. This looks like it was so much fun. Here's to creativity! And new beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and thanks for your cheerful visit to NZ! Your blog is interesting and so positive! It looks like you love life and are a very giving person. The world needs people like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lisa...Art truly Saves Lives! It has saved mine and blessed me with the gifts of possibilities! I hope to return to New Zealand in the next year or so. Let me know if you will be in our country...we always have room for one more! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen

    ReplyDelete