Tuesday, June 16, 2009

a quiet rainy afternoon...


Today
was a quiet rainy afternoon
aboard a silent Lady of the Lake
waves lapped the pontoon's sides
serenity flooded my entire body and soul
the soft rocking motion soothed my being as I escaped any worry or concern
I attempted to concentrate on the words that were encircling my head
yet I flew with the blue heron on my left side of the boat..a graceful dance on the horizon
I marveled at the gentle movements of a flock of young geese in a synchronized swimming pattern
I witness the protective powers of beautiful swans guarding their young flock of soft fuzz
lily pads floated with their iridescence refracting the colors of the blue sky
the quiet enveloped my being floating on the rhapsody of the soft undulating waves
the history of the families and landmarks connected with an emotional thread
the days gone by and renewal in today's landmarks and growth
remember to mind the bounty of Nature's beauty and silence and resilience
the silent beauty of Nature nestled at the end of the road
a community cove of making and cherishing the oneness in Peace
a return to the birth in the waters
a birth of spirits
a birth of the human soul.
Imagine and Live in Peace,
Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

1 comment:

  1. Your lovely post brings me right into the water with you. THanks!

    ReplyDelete