Friday, June 19, 2009

child's play...a secret of enjoying making a wonderful mess...





I finished a childlike work for our June juried show and delivered it in a golden frame with 10 minutes to spare...Nothing like making the most of the day. We finished the four canvas beach bags for the vacation to the ocean on July first. Then I continued my play approach to remembering a time when I walked the streets of they city of lights...my beloved Paris. Maya watched as I applied layers of glazes, images, colors and stitched an Eiffel Tower and applied a favorite photo of Vita and Angela and myself...we took this photo in one of those photo booths inside the entry in the Metro station. I wrote hidden messages in the layers but I doubt seriously anyone will really find too many of them. We were under a tornado warning just North of Newark so I decided to wait until the big weather blew over. Melissa Winters was there with her beautiful mother...her children will be there for the opening. Emily Talbott was also bringing her three entries with her son's assistance and the entries were a fabulous diverse selections...I know the juror will be working diligently to put together another great exhibit for next Saturday's opening.
The girls and I are watching "Narnia" as we settle in for the night. Tomorrow I am making an Angel Baby Choir collage to welcome a friend's newest triplet grand daughters and everyone is doing just fine. There are miracles happening every day! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment