Sunday, June 14, 2009

An Art Affair In Granville at Bryn Du








This afternoon we attended the first Granville Art Affair and there were already over 500 persons registered in attendance when we arrived. The Polo field was filled with anticipation of this athletic collaboration between horse and rider. The weather was great but a wee bit humid. We searched out the tent with Kathy Anderson and Tony Reynolds and met up with several other patrons of the arts from the LCA. I also renewed a friendship from my past with Lisa Horkin and her husband Scott. I am not sure how many artists participated but 2D and 3D mixed media, acrylics and ink, clay, glass, fiber and loads of jewelry, leather, oils and other recycled Art. Photography was well represented as well as printmaking, water colors and wood contemporary arts. The only negative for me was the presence of portapots....I hate them and will pee my pants almost before I use one in total desperation. I missed seeing Todd and Melissa and their beautiful son but not without a valiant attempt to find them in the crowds. We ran into Sarah and Larry Doyle with their baby Bailey as they were heading out to get some lunch. All in all I was very impressed with this first time event and we could learn to register our visitors when they come down for the second Art Walk on August 1, 2009. Even though I will be out of town in South Carolina for a wedding I want to contribute to the every growing art energies in Licking County! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

2 comments:

  1. What a fun time you had! Thanks for sharing the event. I have noticed up here on Lake Erie that arts events are sprouting up everywhere, and racheting things up a notch. It's an exciting trend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time at the Granville Art Affair!
    Good food, great art, close friends and wonderful weather...who could ask for anything more?

    ReplyDelete