Friday, June 12, 2009

My Toast to my theater...The Midland 2009










Tonight was a night for my heart's memory threads...I attended the wonderful fund raiser to support the Midland's Yellow Bus series that allows children to attend our historical theater. After a day of the annual golf outing where the golfers appeared to have a jolly good time on a beautiful June day. Awards were given and something about a pink ball competition brought the audience to a round of laughter. We had a dinner of baked chicken; Alfredo sauce with vegetables and pork tenderloin plus salad and red skinned mashed potatoes. Then the auction began ... the whole theme was to raise funds but everyone had a great time bidding against each other. My dear friend's watercolor went for $5500.00; it was of the old Gothic jail and what it would have looked like during the early 1900's and canal days. The young woman who won has two other of Don's historical paintings that tell the stories of life in central Ohio. My small "Golden Memories" went for $160.00 to a young family who has three daughters and one wants to go to Paris someday. They seemed genuinely appeared happy to take my contribution home with them to celebrate the Arts here in Licking county. I think Don and I were the only LCA artists present for Ovation but Don Urban, Kathy Anderson, Liz Argyle and the Higgins all made donations to our cause. There was not enough time to get out to all the tables but next year I will get there earlier to check out the territory...yes I did promise myself that I will be there in 2010! I put up a few photos of this celebration of the Arts but Mike Morris and his incredible staff provided a colorful memory for all who attended to cherish for years to come. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart...aka the Art Lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment