Monday, June 29, 2009

Canadian fiber/mixed media artists...TAP...Lutradur....and ProChemical

I feel that I have been in a chemistry class for the last 48 hours; there is so much to remember and prepare for as I prepare my fabrics for the individual dye process for my next large projects. I am exploring some new transfer processes that I have never tried before and I am anxious for the new supplies to arrive in my big black mailbox asap. Lesley Riley has encouraged me as well as Susan Sorrel from Creative Awakenings. Money is tight so I will have to plow through on my own even though I would love to attend their workshops in Michigan in September. I ordered a new fabric to experiment with and Pro Chemical is assisting me in making do with what I already have. I have some rust projects going...slowly it seems but I have plenty of time. I need to refresh my mixed up brain waves and reread my Ann Johnston's book on dyes and also perform my miracles with very small batches in canning jars. Lord do not abandon me now...I have scrambled eggs in my coiled brain lately.

"With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony, and the deep power of Joy, we can see into the life of things." William Wadsworth I went on Amazon and ordered all three of Lesley's books and hopefully they will be here to study after the fourth celebrations. I bought a 2010 datebook today in pinks and browns...its a girl thing I suppose. But as the time flies by I need to put down my lesson plans to get this huge commitment completed. I am also working on fabric postcards for a friend's new exhibit and need to finish them soon so I have time to play with embellishments and found objects. I picked up a new Somerset publication about artists who make Art Quilts and their individual studios. Do you feel that I have collected enough inspirations lately? Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment