Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy April...........23 years ago I had my first solo exhibition

The days sort of got away from me..........Happy Easter to you and your families!  I have had students visiting from Canton...and she brought her mother and her aunt and her youngest daughter.  Thank you Marta Cooper for making my heart smile... I am so grateful for our friendship over the last 20 or so years.
I have been busy working in the studio on making Messy Monkey aprons for my little ones this Thursday.  My daughter is recovering nicely from her appendectomy nut still a wee bit tired.  Ken went to visit his dear mother over the weekend and she is now moved into Hospice care...we are praying every day for us all.  Saying goodbye is never easy but with this thief of a mind disease ...the pain seems more like an ever gnawing ache in out hearts.  I spent most of the day in bed on Easter.........the cold damp made me hurt and the bed with warm quilts was my comforting method of dealing.  I watched Call the Midwife on PBS and flipped back in forth to the basketball March Madness ....I did not see the injury that hit that young man from Louisville but he is in my prayers for a recovery. Ohio State did not play well and are out of the tournament ...but the final four should be exciting.  Enjoy the photos...they are worth more than my words....just know my heart is smiling!
 Two sweet young artists visiting on Spring Break...from Lakewood
 Golden ...old friends are golden...Deborah ...Tony and Kathy came in for a visit and a quick lunch...
 Kya is ready to begin.....................her pink poodle
 Lunch with sweet artists.....................

 Gabby and Kya are so sweet.....they make my heart smile
 a special movie for inspiration ...as our papers are drying........The Rise of the Guardians...........one of Gabby's favorites.......
 Joanna Manousis is working daily for her special opening on Friday in the Glass Studio........Functional Form.......
 how do you like this pink poodle?????????
 the beginnings of an Owl.............Whoooooooooooooooo!
Look at here focus and dedication...........
 Sweet......she added a moustache.....
 flowers for her poodle...........

Marta was a student of mine back in 1980...........with her daughter Taylor....
 a sweet reunion with dear young friends........

 Mother and daughter .........my Easter renewal....
 Monster Trucks.inspiration for Branson........
 Dalmatian Monster truck........... flies through the air.............
 we had a bit of snow this morning...............Hurry up Spring...........
 I am enjoying this wonderful book..............
Branson's sketch of Ike the police dog..he has his own style!











I hope you all enjoyed your sacred Easter with your family and friends.  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad everyone gets a smile from the 'mona lisa blowing bubble gum bubble' pendant. LOL
    We had a somewhat quiet Easter with one of my daughters and her husband. Nice. Had seen the other kids the week before, so all is good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's still pretty darn cold here and I bet there too so I hope you are not aching too much. Love all the projects with the kids, who doesn't need a puppy truck? xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Helen, it is hard to picture you doing anything solo, always so many smiling faces in your life. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete