Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Vicki and Jennifer...we are praying for you and your loved ones..

Today was a beautiful Spring day...now it seems we have gone straight into Summer.  Is there really any doubt that our climate ...our weather is going through  a gradual but drastic change.  Snow in the Midwest...and time to turn off the furnace and turn on the air conditioner...or at least sleep with the windows open.  I met with the Works to finalize the Messy monkeys next adventure on Thursday!!!  Marcia has suggested painting with chocolate pudding...while I am preparing simple print making techniques ...collagraphs.  This should be an exciting adventure...I am introducing the howler Monkeys and where they live in the deep Jungle Rain forest.

I had a wonderful salad ...it was hot in the studio so salad seem to fit the bill...cool and refreshing.  My friend has been way under the weather lately but she shared that finally the doctors have a pretty good idea  how to help her through a very difficult time.  Luckily I still had my fan available from last year...so I got some relief from the oppressive heat.  Do I sound whiny???  I just do not know how to dress these days.

I went back to my studio and began my Arbor Day shirt ...yes this year I want to have a shirt to share my passion for Art and Nature and the beauty in the Trees!!!!  I had a relaxing time...working in almost solitude...listening to a few favorite CD's and playing with my Golden paints.!!  I am anxious to return tomorrow ...and work some more.  I am actually preparing  and renewing my skills for my Whispers of Desert Flowers....in fiber and assemblages with threads and beads and buttons.  I have a lot of work to do ...in a very short time!  Have a great week...we missed the rain today...and our soil is thirsty.  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart



warm sunshine embraces my new blooms...it is amazing how much Joy these simple daffodils bring me...
 they seem to be in a chorus of color...singing the praises of warm breezes...
 I can not identify my three variety of blooms I have on the hills...but I just enjoy them......














                                                                  
                                                                 Lesley stopped by to check on my Branson........ I shared some of last week's drawings.........
 This visitor shared her love for simple needle crochet...the pineapple is her favorite ...she is working on a a large tablecloth ...just for her!
 The gift of a clear sky...brilliant blue with fluffy wisps of clouds....
 the beginning........of my Arbor Day celebration shirt......
 playing with a simple stencil ...on a $2.00 shirt....
 deepening the colors of Golden paints..........
 the photo is on its side....sorry... but I put an evening view into the woods ...before the leaves return......
 a third layer...more depth...and a blue sky.......
 both sides of this plain khaki cotton shirt.........
tomorrow I plan to add more drawing details...I have several design elements to add later as I continue my Tree play....





Have a great day tomorrow... I wish you peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

4 comments:

  1. I almost forgot............Congratulations Louisville Cardinals!!!!! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary Helen. Mom's surgery went ok but they found more to repair than they realized.
    I'll know more later this week. Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vickie ...we are all praying for you!!! Try to get some rest...remember to Breathe! You are so loved! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Arbor Day shirt!!!

    ReplyDelete