Wednesday, April 17, 2013

my prayers for Peace and Understanding continue..........

I have continued my work back in the studio stamping little accordion books with permanent inks ...so my tiny Messy Monkey hands can paint their images with watercolors.  We made paper punches ...circles and ovals for our "U" monkey collages....in bright and beautiful papers that my intern Candice bought for my little artists.  Tomorrow should be FUN FUN FUN!  Then I plan on having lunch with Ken and Morgan and Lyndon!!!!   my special tiny grand monkeys!  After lunch I will check if Duarte needs any help removing his works from the central gallery.  And to close the day....I am helping Chris Lang make felted beads for the drop in studio times...... I also have two sweaters for her to work with in her journey of her felting Art. 
 Beautiful Jodie Greene brought in her Realtors ladies for lunch at the Deli....she is doing a great job!

The YES students have a glass opening in the Works Glass Studio tomorrow evening...so stop by to celebrate their growth and accomplishments!!!!!!
 Charlie came from St. Paul's today...he has been in before and loves the Works...........and visiting my Whispers and Echoes Studio.  He is totally fascinated by the design elements and art stuff in my studio......
 a beautiful photo of Candice and her new hair style.... I should have paid more attention to the background ...she looks so beautiful.... she is getting ready to graduate from COTC!  I am so proud of my intern!
 Charlie fell in love with the Messy monkey aprons I have created for my smallest artists........
 the "U" monkey collage ...
the Monkey Art accordion book...
frames of baby monkeys.........
 look at the cute papers with monkeys that Candice bought for my tiny artists........  and a couple Five Little Monkeys....

I am so proud of Candice and will really miss her when she graduates in May.........
 Monkey Art books....I stamped them with Staze on inks..permanent ..........so the little ones would not get their hands permanently stained tomorrow.....
Gail came in to buy a card for her special friend in California......they have been friends since childhood.damn there is that darn broom again.......
 watercolor fun for the tiny little books..........
 maybe some twirl colored pencils and bright markers.......
 sharing my stash of "Monkey" stamps to celebrate the seasons.....holidays.......just for fun....
 my dear Kathy Anderson was teaching an acrylic painting class for the Main Street adults wanting to learn more about Art!
 a young man named Tony did this one........
 an abstraction possibility......for pure color fun.......
one of the instructors began this one.......
 I do not know the story of the "FLY" painting but it makes me smile...........
 then there is clean up time.............this is quite a big job...........thank God for Allison 's help........
look at the motion in this ocean......are we ready for Summer here in Ohio????












Life is still rocking from the newscasts but I have heard from my friends in Boston and they are healing from the trauma and shock.  I can not do much more than pray but and make Art for my little artists and their free loving spirits they share when they are creating!!!  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart..................Art Saves Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mary-Helen...
    you are a true inspiration to so many.
    I'm astounded when i visit your blog to see all the little faces and older ones too.. everyone so focused on making.
    Happy times indeed.
    You must be a truly loved grandma!
    Sophie
    ps thanks always for your lovely comments... not so much time for blogging but I do miss it!

    ReplyDelete