Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The thunderstorms have come roaring in...the skies have been spectacular........

Candice and I printed a couple more fabrics in the ink jet printer and then took the fortunes Joanna needed for her special baby gift ...booties that look like fortune cookies tied with a special fortune for the new family member.  Channel 6 had arrived and were preparing for to do a promo spot about Joanna Mansousis 's glass art.  Larry Tuber joked...he had put on a clean tee for the cameras.  We went back to the studio ...I had about 13 small tiny printing tools for my Messy Monkeys tomorrow morning.  I have learned to prepare ...and then prepare even more...when working with 2, 3, and 4 year old children.  This is a first time event  for many of the smallest little people...but tomorrow Ken is bringing Morgan and Lyndon over from their Reynoldsburg home.

Eric Mason 's son Carter  was extremely interested in why I had so many monkeys!!!



 Channel 6 ...AbC 's Andrew came out with his camera crewman came out to do a traveling Road Trip story about our visiting artist...Joanna.
 Larry said he put on a clean shirt for the camera ....Joanna is making last minute plans.....she is a professional ....
 the camera man...Samantha Haris ...and Larry Tuber supervise the formalities of making the tape...
 I am going to miss this young artist...she is heading to Paris for May and June  after her residency here...
 finalizing the plans for efficiency...
 big big cameras to capture this small lady's presence....
 Andrew would like to blow some glass.....on his road trip out to The Works.........
 here is an example of her painted portraits on her functional forms.........
 The YES club is back working with Larry and preparing for their opening next week.......
 I especially love the flow of colors here.....
 Susan in the middle of the three special loving supervisors......
 the sky suddenly became dark........
 my dear art friend George  Leach  stopped by after court...he is a child advocate and walks the walk with pride.......
 the winds picked up.... and the rains came tumbling down........
 I JUST adore this wonderful orange bike...safely away from the storm....
 Doesn't Abbie look professional...and dresses are definitely cooler than wearing pants.....the upstairs was intolerable for any length of time..........
 Alice Turner surprised me with three of her son Matt Weber's photographs of three species of monkeys from the Cincinnati Zoo....just perfect time for tomorrow's Messy Monkey workshop......
 Uncle Jay cradles his new nephew in his arms.........what a proud uncle !!!
 Alive needed Cork for her studio at home..........and guess what ...say it out loud and your wish is my pleasure........
 sweet kisses for two sweet young men.........
 Jay can do it all!!!!!!!!
 these are the simple collagraphs for my Messy Monkeys.....
 these take time to peel the papers off the back and cut down the individual pieces for each child to print with and hopefully swap for numerous pieces....
 Yes we are going to learn about Howler Monkeys too........
 Joanna made this special pendant for me...an example of her glass bead lace work............this is just beautiful!!!
 a few more compositions........
Alice Turner came in ...with a surprise ...special photographs from her son Matt who lives and took these incredible images in Cincinnati.  This zoo is an Ohio landmark...and the monkey collection is known for their natural surroundings and humane treatment.  It was still extremely HOT in the building today...something to do with the thermostat...almost 90 degrees.  Then the skies darkened ...the wind hurled the trees left and right and the rain came crashing down including hail.   The temperatures cooled down immediately but then the humidity began to rise ...leading to another storm front moving in quite quickly. 

I went to pick up the clear plastic storage containers that are usually $8.99 on sale for $2.89...what a deal when one is trying to get organized ... that would be me.    I picked up 7....I love that you can add a label...and also see the contents very clearly for future reference.  Michael's has become a second home for me.  I came home and put in four chicken breasts with a saffron broth and made a simple fettuccine noodle dish with fresh spinach for a slow cooked dinner.  It is always nice to make home cooking...the whole house fills with great aromas.  As usual I made too much...but left overs are a special treat for the both of us.

I am going to try to get to bed a bit earlier tonight...those 13 little Messy Monkeys require me to be very fit and on top of my game.  Enjoy the photos...and continue on your journey creating.  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

3 comments:

  1. What great pictures of your day and busy one at that. As much as I would love a studio filled with cute little boxes and drawers I have everything in large plastic containers, labeled. If I can't see it, it won't get used. I'll forget about it.
    Can't wait to see what all the kids make with their monkeys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an exciting day, and another to come.

    ReplyDelete