Monday, April 29, 2013

It's official....Arbor day at Dawes Arboretum attendance was 4,200 visitors...........YeeHaw!

 Candice brought the whole family to Arbor day celebrations!  Isaiah loves to make Art of any kind..........

 the cousin is amazed and anxious to begin her own butterfly....

 the spectators watched in amazement.....
 Erin held little Lyndon while Cole and Morgan waited patiently for a turn with the brush.....
 Morgan has grown into some wonderful skills...watching...listening...modeling ...and then making her own designs....
 this playground was created from some of the trees from last June's derecho 85 mph winds........
 time to climb...explore.... and well just be boys!
 Cole is never apprehensive when it comes to conquering a challenge...........
 Cole on top...hey Grandpa ....Morgan needs a leg up ....please.......
 I always wonder what they are thinking as they imagine a world unto their imaginations........
 yes ... Morgan is on her way!
 now we are off to Dr.  Insecta...the man with the bugs..............
 spiders...scorpions.... tarantella ......
 He was a very entertaining professor who loves his bugs..........
 Mary Skrenta's daughter came up on stage.............to see a scorpion......

 it was a real thrill to see this up close......
 yes he is putting it on Camilla's head.....
 she is my hero!
 I love to see her so excited about science...she is a great artist also!!!!!!!!
 Grandpa bought Cole a bug lab lime green tee shirt........
 Lyndon wanted me to come see the stinky skunk names Flower......
 her patience has paid off...her painting was beautiful........
 Camilla and Hendrix are my special young friends......they are growing too fast for me........
 a serious talk here as they get ready to pack up and leave....
Lyndon is not quite ready to go yet........hey Grandpa can you talk to her???











Now it is with a very heavy heart ...I had to say goodbye to a friend of 22 years.  My dear cat Desdemona had injured her back somehow and could only drag her back legs around...and she broke my heart with the cries of dismay.  I gathered her up and placed her in her box...with one hand on the wheel....and one hand on her tiny head I drove over to the vet's office.  She was purring as I touched for her for the last day.  She has been a great friend and her love and adoration have lasted longer than many marriages .... my eyes are totally swollen from crying as I stroked her as she went to sleep under my hand caressing her as she left this world.  I know when we love an animal...we are opening the heart to experience farewell in death....but she was like a beautiful shadow ...graceful...serene... and ever so loving.  Thank you for the love you have graced my life we shared together.  Rest in Peace my dear loving friend.

Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

3 comments:

  1. Love this post and relate to your Desdemona. I had to do the same for a kitty last year, and for the same reason. Gentle hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even this morning my heart is aching ...she was a good friend and I will miss her forever. Thank you for understanding...when you have felt this loss of a dear pet...we realize the multitude of gifts they have bestowed on our lives. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your beloved kitty. She will always live in your heart I know...Maya is growing up so fast, what a lovely young lady your granddaughter is becoming. Can't wait to see your jacket, it will be striking. xox

    ReplyDelete