Sunday, April 28, 2013

Friday and a girls night out to make ART!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been so busy lately....I have forgotten how lovely it is to play with girlfriends!  Four of us gathered out in the beautiful countryside in Abby's wonderful home for an evening of just plain FUN!  We went out to see my namesake chicken and the other two are cute also!!! We played with collage play inspirations and share our dreams of travel and explorations!  The sunset was gorgeous.... and the evening flew away way too quickly.  As I crawled into bed with Ken and shared our wonderful night of sharing...I even got to take a photo of Mr. Dalton in his tuxedo he is wearing for the Lakewood High School Prom.  Dalton and Dad Tim... were so handsome.  They are so cute!  I will share some of the photos...those that do not provide evidence that could incriminate us :0)!!!
 Here is one of the more beautiful Marimekko fabrics from 1965...I am totally inspired!!!  Thank you Don!!!!!!
 inside the center of this screen printed fabric....
 then this is the other border design........who knows where we will go with this fabric...........................
 Dick came in for a quick lunch..............it was a sunny day and he was making his rounds on the courthouse........
One of the police officers brought in a friend  ...we discussed the upcoming exhibit of my drawings of our canine officers...............
 The final Messy Monkey works from Thursday........
 sweet little artists!  I will miss you dears.
 here is my beautiful chicken...strutting her stuff............I am so happy to have her named after me!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Abby holds her like a baby...she is so cute!!!?
 here is Boo Boo II and Darth Vadar...the other two chickens ...... sweet nest mates............
 their sweet minature pony......
 time for dinner..........
 Holly had been rolling in the mud..........
 I love this deer skull...this one is for Georgia O Keefe........
 Abby was our host...........with Mr. Justin!
 the man of the hour...Dalton put on his tuxedo for the prom tomorrow night.........handsome little gentleman.......
 Dalton and Dad Tim..........handsome Longshore men!!!!!!!
 Theresa is new to art making but we eased her into the messy ooze.......play like a child....
 spots of possibilities ........
 squiggles and wiggles of pure FUN!!!
 Ruth Meyers worked on a hand painted Roman shade........... see the dazzling colors come alive...........
 giggles and surprises as we make plans to do this again!!!!!!!!!!
 process and messy hands create.................process is a journey........
 the palette becomes  another process journey................
 Justin took me upstairs to see his creative bedroom and shared his works ........
lovely splashes of colors................
 NOW ................ put a huge smile on my face with this pastel 16 by 20 composition of Grandpa milking a cow.............stunning workmanship.........
her love for all things tropical......how do you like her palm tree.???????????????


 a walk along a deserted beach....enlarge and check out her details and beautiful color placements.........
 then in her studio..she shares her fairy garden design elements..........
 some of the papers we found last winter at Hollow's Paper store........
 Justin did this butterfly with me last year..............
 the quiet gentle discussion........I am blown away and we will be attending her opening in May!!!!!!!!!
 here is another pastel work ......amazing development and theme ..so serene...
here are my two small playful collages...........I am not quite sure what is happening next.......just pure plain FUN!!!!!!!!!













I hope you all have had a great weekend!  It was warm........sunny yesterday......and a good weekend to reflect and catch up with porch swing reflections.  Imagine and Live in Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

2 comments:

  1. Amazing work. Love love love the palm tree.
    To have a chicken named after you is the best thing in my book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby Is an amazing young woman...courageous...focused...and extremely talented! Don't you just love my little chicken???? What a baby girl! Have a great week! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete