Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year at Lucky Bamboo....





We had a quiet dinner with our honeymooners Don and Betty at our favorite Asian restaurant Lucky Bamboo. We have been running again way too much...what about my desire to find renewal and pausing for a moment to enjoy the quiet moments. Dinner was great and this young couple bring joy to my heart just being with them. I had been at the eye doctor earlier in the afternoon and when did having glasses become so expensive? Yes, I do have special lenses and bifocals with an ever changing lens process but I was totally blown away. I think needing a new/used washer and my dishwasher dying and now glasses...whew it is a real test for remaining centered and calm. But i know I do need to see to do my work so "Que sera sera" I am grateful to have such a wonderful optometrist who works with the circle of doctors I have already.

The Snow is returning and the cold seems to go through to my bones...I feel a creaking in my left knew...although I truthfully do not know what I did to my knee. Pamper Pamper Pamper my knee and allow it to rest as much as possible. I am working on adding a few things to my daily schedule as well as creating a private journal with my scribbles inside. I am hopeful by accomplishing this I will return to my love for drawing. It is more difficult than it sounds but I have received support from those visiting the studio ...they just expect that I would do something different from their conception of journaling. This is going to take discipline but I want to keep it fun...when I write there it does take away from my post writing...so we will soon see what develops. Stay warm and safe. Giggle with a child...Imagine and Live in peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

3 comments:

  1. Oh...I hate it when stuff falls all at the same time like that! But yes...you DO need to see! I'm glad you had such a lovely time with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I was just too pooped to think clearly last night so I wrote early this morning and again this evening before bed. Thank you for your compassion. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete