Sunday, March 7, 2010

the power of my intuition...learning to listen with my heart...


I have searched on the internet for a special wax melter tool I want to use on my layering processes with my fabrics...I finally ordered a catalog for art teachers from Nasco...I was told that they have a connection for this required tool... a contemporary batik tool that can be safely used by all. I spent time in the studio searching for some of the sheer fabrics I have been collecting for use with a new transfer product recommended by Lesley Riley who has perfected a transfer method using a mixed media sheet called Lutradur and I can purchase it directly from JoAnne's. My intuition is guiding my hands to stretch my techniques and skills...I am trying to create a transparency effect with my women. Many times this is a an experimental "try and try again" intuitive method where I am finding even my mistakes are interesting...but somewhat expensive for my budget. Wish me luck!

Be sure to check out the Altered Page... 16th Secret Sunday post that will guide you to some new artists and processes that will delight your keen sense of artistic enjoyment. Seth has created an incredible journey that we all can take with one week...one step at a time and explore new horizons to enjoy. Seth also has an article in Cloth Paper Scissors for March/April 2010 and as soon as I can find a place to buy my copy I will report more to you on this generous artist sharing his wisdom and process.

I have been busy researching the movement of the first Aboriginal painters who painted their bodies and their sacred caves to now creating their visual narratives onto a canvas surface to be cherished and "read" in our museums...their journeys have been forgotten until recently but with the help of a few foresighted individuals who recognized the genius in their very sacred visual language. The genesis of this Australian Aboriginal culture is one of my primary focuses with the civil rights movements with Kath Walker...religious freedom to recognize their beliefs tied to the Earth...the survivors of the great kidnapping of the mixed raced children stolen from their homes and parents and the journey they walked back to their mothers by way of the Rabbit Proof Fence. I have to be careful not to lose track of time ...but could easily get lost in this thesis of recognition of these traditional tribes.

I have to get back to moving some of my materials back upstairs to my studio...Ken is beginning to get our 2010 Taxes...this is always a very tense time for me and I am so grateful that Ken works with accountants that keep reminding me I need to make money to call this a profession. But all I can think about is how the funds in Washington,DC are depleted every day for a war I feel no one can possibly win and still we do not have Health care for everyone in the United States of America. Is anyone listening out there? Yes I paid off my adjusted hospital bills from 2008 but now a collection agency is calling for the bills I am behind for 2009. Now in two weeks I will under go another somewhat experimental procedure on the 17th...how in the hell can I keep up? I do have insurance but it is never enough...oh well another story for a later time. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment