Monday, March 8, 2010

Good morning...yes I know I should be sleeping...


Tonight I visited Judy Wilkenfeld's amazing blog at Rev Velvet. She is the guardian of ancestral spirits and has discovered a story yet untold of a military class back in 1941. Yes, it will take at least 30 minutes to witness her sacred marks recreating the images and dialogues between these young me during the regime under Mao. It is totally a miracle that these photos and writings survived...any found books were burned and if discovered the owners were tortured and executed because Mao did not want any evidence of a culture before he came into power. The black and white photos show young men, cleared eyes with hope and promise about their future and this private correspondence is authentic in their admiration and love for one another as brothers sharing a global crisis. Judy found these remnants in an antique store in Sidney, Australia ...that alone is a real miracle and I have the greatest praise for her dedication to keep the images together with authentic fibers and presentation in this sacred book assemblage. I think you will need a cup of tea... a quiet moment... a give yourself permission to be drawn in to her voice ...telling the story that would have been forgotten without the providence and persistence Judy has provided to all who visit her words and images. Thank You Judy...this is a work of beauty and you have shared with the world. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Tonight is my weekly injection ceremony...I have trouble getting to sleep but I know tomorrow will be better...good night sweet friends.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, have I been in a vacuum or am I just stupid. Mary Helen, what's going on??? Chemo???? My dear lady, I'm so sorry if I seem irreverent, but I had no idea you were ill. Sending you many prayers and today I will purchase a St. Jude candle just for you and take it to the shrine. Take care, sweet lady, and God bless.

    xxoo,
    Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am back Mary Helen but that doesn't mean I haven't been holding you in my thoughts, prayers and mediations. I sat by a thundering waterfall, three days in a row and send healing energy out to you. I hope you are holding up during this difficult time. I am thinking of you, my friend. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this post. its really so good.

    ReplyDelete