Thursday, March 11, 2010

I am listening...even if it is sometimes difficult...


I have been drinking soul replenishing teas for most of the day. In my tea exchange I received a smorgasbord of delightful TAZO teas that delight my senses and settle my soul so that I can sit still to do my work. Doing what I love the most takes me to a place where there is no time. I returned to my hand stitching...my slow cloth ...is meditative like a prayer. I have tried to overlook my inconsistent stitches...I am much too hard on my self. My vision will improve after next week and there is no substitute for hard work. I did rest...when Ken came home we curled up in bed and watched "The Hurt Locker" ...a very dynamic movie directed by a woman who had insight to the overwhelming struggles in the Iraq War...who can one trust? How do you measure who is winning? Who are your allies? I can not say I can recommend this drama ...I am so conflicted about the war...who are we kidding? ...why are our finest youngest service people put into this horrendous hell? I told Ken I did not want to share this movie with Erin and Chance...Erin is carrying my new grand baby and "war is never healthy for children and other living things."

After lunch I told Ken I would do the grocery shopping and he could get caught up on his ESPN basketball college teams :o). I had clipped my coupons and had my list in hand and felt it was time to get out of the house and continue our quest for fresh fruits and vegetables. Ever since I saw parts of the movie "Food,Inc" on Oprah and Dr. Oz entered my life I am working to bring healthy eating and cooking into our lives. Ken carried up everything to the kitchen and we shared a kiwi and I rested with Oprah and more healthy tea. We had cornbread and wholesome beef vegetable soup for dinner and then I began hand quilting on a small piece. Before I knew it hours had passed and I felt the burden lifted from my shoulders.... I was working again. Work is healing for body and soul... and it is a slow cloth process but that is why I like making my sacred marks. I am listening ...even when I think I should be up ...I am getting more rest. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

9 comments:

  1. Good for you! Sounds like you are doing everything you can and ya know...that's all that we can do sometimes. Your piece looks lovely. Don't worry about the stitches, they are all just fine I'm sure. I figure a few imperfections give a piece character and interest. Love the stitched hand in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your piece posted here! The color, the texture...all that there is to look at.
    It is well worth the *slow* part for the magnificent whole when it is finished!
    I am sore as a boil from PT and have to do MORE running this a.m. (for DH....grrrr) so my studio time is pushed till later in the day, but I will make the most of it.
    Take care and have patience my friend!

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. tea & slow cloth sounds like a good way to deal with the world...your quilt is really beautiful! it is so full of wonderful energy! i love the colors and images in it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creating allows the soul to express itself. When we are connected to our soul, centered and allowing our true selves to be, we are healed because we are perfect in this state. We are LOVE, We are Wisdom, We are Light and Energy and we ARE fixed design. Keep resting, dreaming, drinking your tea, making YOUR marks upon the cloth. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your work...I wouldn't know a good stitch from a bad stitch in your piece, but I know when I do!!! Keep taking care of yourself and resting. There's nothing like work to remind you of how blessed you are.

    xxoo,

    Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Art and creating is good for the soul, ya' know?? I LOVE your creation!!1
    Also have seen Food, Inc - very eye opening!!!
    Glad you're enjoying your teabag swap tea!!:>)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your loving support...we are changing the world with one sacred mark...one sacred word ...one strong circle of friendship. Bea is so correct...we are the LOVE the world is struggling so hard to find. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is magnificent and joyful. Quilting and tea drinking have always helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a relaxing post. I am so glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete