Tuesday, March 9, 2010

gratitude to my angels...





I did sleep. I did sleep some more..... and then gradually got up and slowly embraced my day. The sun was brilliant and the air is still cool but the sunshine warmed my body to move my soul. Today is Tea for Tuesdays and I received a wonderful selection of luscious tranquility from my friend who loves me in Virginia...my Lennie. I had a pot of Passion tea from Tazo and fortified my being. I attended a meeting with the Cultural Arts of Licking County with Kathy Anderson heading the chair table. Kathy did a fabulous job guiding an awesome group of individuals volunteering to bring a free community Arts event called "Art on the Square" in July. Now this undertaking is not an easy endeavor but working collaboratively and acknowledging each components strengths we can have another downtown event to enhance the quality of making a life in our county. CALC is quite a force to be reckoned with...for the good.

I have no words to express my appreciation for the kindest of words from my circle of friends. I knew I was tired and when I tried to make sense of my mind's sentence...my brain and fingers could not get on the same page. I wish I could go into the hospital tomorrow...I am sure the headaches will be helped and diminished and then my optic nerve will hopefully work more efficiently once the "circle of Willis" has been cleared. It truly is an amazing collaboration between God and the hands of the dear surgeons and neuro-surgeons and neurologists all working to save my passion to live a life as an artist. The hospital is ready, my bloodwork appears to be cooperating so now all we have to do is "git-r-done".

I tried to work a wee bit but was unable to focus very well so I went back to bed to watch a favorite movie from 1978 with Judy Davis in "My Brilliant Career" along with Sam Neil. The quiet rest...being very still... and knowing I will work tomorrow...when my vision is better... and revisiting a My Brilliant Career was a gift I gave myself. I have to keep relearning lessons in patience ...ones I thought I had already mastered; be patient with me God is not finished just yet. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

7 comments:

  1. Ah, the tests. Just when you think you've finally got a handle on the "issue" you get tested again just to see if you do. Letting Go, Patience, Getting Over It, Remembering You Are Human, Fear, Judgemental, Too Busy.......the list goes on and on, for most of us.
    I had my green tea with mango today and sent you some Reiki healing energy. When I finished I found the dog and both cats had climbed up on my lap to be as close as possible. They do love that energy. Be well, sleep some more......:)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. o what a lovely gift! hope you can stay on the healing path and sweet dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lennie is a good friend to have in your circle!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Helen, you just have to take it easy and let the unnecessary GO. Rest, rest, rest.....and REST!
    And come read my blog about joy, because knowing you has been a great joy for me!
    And since surgery, I find I am dyslexic by spells....thank heavens for a backspace key!!!
    (((hugs!!!)))

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Helen, keep resting and taking care of the bod. You are a constant inspiration of love, hope and the power of prayer. Take care, please and keep watching old, funny, flicks...great healers. And naps, lots and lots of naps. You know, naps are a little piece of heaven, so nap!!!

    Love ya,
    Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lennie is a special lady!
    Take good care, there is no substitute for rest!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy your tea package arrived and I hope you'll be enjoying some "Tea from Me" for a while. I am keeping a lookout for my package from you and I'll be enjoyng. I hope you are getting the rest your body is telling you it needs to prepare for whatever may lie ahead for you. Ever in my thoughts and prayers, Lennie

    ReplyDelete