Wednesday, March 3, 2010

the face study of my daughter...


I met my daughter at the hospital this morning at 6:30 am to just be there while her husband has his hernia repaired. When I arrived in the family waiting room they sent me to the cafeteria and I had a small breakfast with Tina and Maya Rose and Sabrina. Due an emergency appendectomy his and several other surgeries were delayed and we ended up waiting for and after until about 2:00 pm. I had taken a scarf in progress and sure enough I had enough nervous energy that now I am almost finished...it gave the girls something to study as I worked before they went to school and gave me the appearance of being calm...yes I said appearance. Tina was quiet and the weight of the world was visible on her young 29 year old face. Her eyes were pensive and filled with anxiety of "how much more can she bear up?" and at several times I found myself wanting to hold her in my arms like when she was a small child who never slept through the night...oh so many years ago. Now I try to amuse her and make her laugh...we talk about slow cooker recipes... let's go down and get some lunch... I meet a friend from my gallery days ... we talk about inconsequential matters...the minutes seem to tick slowly away. My fingers quietly moved in a rhythm that only I seemed aware of ...when did that little girl grow to be so tall? I am hoping they will keep Ryan in the hospital...but with no insurance I knew they would send him home without professional care and guarded medication for his recovery. When did the system continue to fall down the rabbit hole?

I went to the bank and then made a few errands and came home to my prepared spaghetti sauce for tonight's dinner with my Ken. Thank you all for your loving comments on my last posts...tomorrow I need to prepare for my volunteering at the Catholic school for their Creation Days ...a day when artist visit and demonstrate their processes for the young open minds. I need to fill my cup...with energy for creation. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart


Tina was three years old and Sherry was four years old on "Gotcha Day" on May 4,1984...

3 comments:

  1. I hopped n hopped to find your blog.
    From Paige to Karen B's, where I saw the "Art heals" in your Nom de plume n had to check out your blog!

    That's quite a tea collection you have below, btw-

    Your girls are adorable! Mine are married with kids now, n appreciating all I did when a single parent to raise them. I never actually state who they are on my blog tho- only on other pages comments... I'm semi-anonymous online, as I live alone now.

    Interesting that you express art thru fabric. My younger daughter "MB" does quilting n crochets hats which I haven't done alot of- I'm more into drawing n painting. On my blog I mostly have photo experiments recently.

    Hello from Cape Cod!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should quickly add I hope your Ryan heals up well!

    ReplyDelete