Tuesday, December 15, 2009

the cards are ready to go...




I have twinkled them and sparkled them and now they are ready to hit the USA mail system..aka ... Santa's governmental assistants. I have addressed them and stamped them and hopefully they will make the receivers smile with amazement of how I chose to fill my time. I attended a meeting today to listen to ways to improve marketing and planning for our third Art Walk in July 2010. One member/volunteer...we all volunteer... appeared to be down and had lost her childlike spirit for the Christmas season. I decided to send her a silly childlike card and a note to express my appreciation for all she gives back to our family community here in Licking county. All artists need an angel to assist and nourish the lives of artists that often work in isolation and feel over-looked in the crowd. I hope this small memento will remind her we are all working together to ensure the Arts will continue to grow and prosper.

Tomorrow a fellow blogger will have a surgery so I am asking the Universe to send her healing energies and positive affirmations for a quick recovery and total recovery. Not only is she a wonderful artist but her sense of humor and quick wit brighten my day and all who read her blog. She believes in angels and possibly is one so help me out with positive prayers for Anne.

Does the cold weather wear you out faster? I am finding myself wanting to come home and crawl under the quilts to take a nap. Naps are healing and quilts touch and love you back but very little work seems to get down in the bed. Maybe Ken and I need to cuddle down and recuperate from last week's ordeal ...our bodies take a little more time to get back into our old groove. I am looking forward to sitting still and becoming one with my needle and thread in a calming quiet afternoon of my work. "We cannot long survive without water,air, and sleep. Next in importance comes food. And close on its heels, solitude." Thomas Szasz Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

4 comments:

  1. Stay warm. Pull that quilt up to your chin and heal. Same for Ken. I think the season, the weather all takes a toll on some of us. Sleep, heal and remember that you are more than the vessel that feels the cold. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Aunt Bea...:-) LOL! I have been in bed for two days with a painful back...ouch. Mary Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still checking in on you. Hope you are feeling a bit better. These things can take so darn long to heal up and the slightest little twist of your body can send you back to bed so DO BE CAREFUL. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete