Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Yesterday I spent the day with my grand daughter Miss Maya Rose at Cherry Valley Elementary school. There were four third grade classes selling their wares to raise funds for a yet to be selected fund to help the schools. I helped with our product by making bookmarks and Maya packed great FUN pencils with a monkey eraser, a spider ring and two Rolos to sweeten the deal! Twenty desirable and enticing packages to sell for $1.00. There were also chocolate chip cookies and homemade brownies. We sold OUT! The gals next to our station make bird feeders from pine cones rolled in peanut butter and then rolled in birdseed. They sold out too! The rest of the cafeteria was filled with sweet gooey treats , root beer floats, hash browns?, fruit salads, Popsicles and candy candy candy! I am sure the classrooms were hopping with sugar energy during the afternoon. In the evening we attended a four course musical program called "Go Fish!" where our Miss Maya starred as a cowgirl seahorse! Ken made a video and I am trying to talk him into putting it on the blogspot...I just loved it but I am the grandmother! Art truly saves lives even in the third grade when subjects get tough and distractions are many...Hang in there Miss Maya! You are doing your very best!
Today I have been trying to stay on top of my "stuff" and get ready for tomorrow's docent day in the gallery. I want a wife...to do the dishes, the laundry, ...just to stay on top of things! Ken helps me so much but still I keep falling behind. Rosie is sleeping on my Artwork and Ken and I are watching a movie "Grace is Gone". Tony called and I was sniffing from my tears. Congratulations on the newest work you have created from the heart in your studio...it is absolutely stunning and from my view appears to be a very female form of design element. Bravo!!!! Well I need to wake up Miss Rosie and get to work. Thank you for all your support and remember to see the invisible with your hearts. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment