Thursday, March 12, 2009

Am I using my time wisely?

I have been home from my docent duties and for the second week in a row I have come home feeling frustrated and more than a little out of it. I agreed to docent from 11 to 4 to keep my painters able to come down. Something is out of sorts and for whatever reason only one or two bother to show up. Today after two months I had my first sale with a "woof" necklace by our dear Melissa Winters but our customer came in after the computer and the lights were off and I needed to get home for a required appointment on a phone conference. Melissa I did make the sale dear friend for a customer who came in looking just for me. I wrote it down and ran the charge but will let tomorrow's staff enter into the computer. Am I using my time wisely? I don't think so and I don't have the feeling of connection because I am not there daily. I am considering just working in a solitary outreach with selected persons who seem to appreciate what I can give. Believe it or not I am MORE than just a clerk and have work I can do here in my studio without dragging "stuff" weekly to the new location. I am an artist...not a babysitter or clerk or a body for coverage of a new space. I will sleep on it but I think at the end of March I will let others who enjoy this more take over. Imagine and live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment