Sunday, May 9, 2010

a day of honor







I miss you Mom
a day does not go by that I do not reach out to call you
I hold the phone in my hand ..and then I remember you have gone home.
Mom you gave me life ...a life of joy and strength fortified by a legacy of women united
a circle of radiating energy supporting the future by cradling their precious young in a warm embrace of indescribable love
I miss you Mom..sweet lady and the rock of our entire family
yet I know you are here with me
daily guiding my heart
to hold and embrace my children and their children
as they unfold their wings to fly and make the world a better place.
I love you Mom...everything I am I owe to your dedicated heart of courage
stand when the legs are weak
speak when no one dares to recognize an injustice
dedicate my life to those I love
protect the smallest of small
celebrate this moment in time.
A potted zinnia hand painted by my three year old grandson and granddaughter
royal purple marks that speak to my heart
as I witness a new tomorrow's dawn.
You will change the world. Imagine and Live in Peace,
Happy Mothers Day to all the dedicated mothers...you are so loved.
Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

5 comments:

  1. Well, that made me smile and still tear up. I miss John's mother. She was a mother to me when my own mother lived far away and couldn't cope with being a mother or a grandmother.
    I'm glad you had a wonderful day. I love the potted plant and handprint. Happy Mother's Day from one mother to another. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Lovely Mother's Day tribute, it expresses what we all felt over this awesome weekend. I am so glad you were well to enjoy every moment. Have a great week, Lennie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful you were honoured and what a great way to honour your own mother. I still have mine around and consider it a blessing, when she's not going after me about my weight or wisenheimer comebacks!! LOL

    Have a lovely week.

    xxoo,
    Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful tribute! I hope your day was wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful smile making photos!! and I'm glad you have memories of a loving mother to be inspired and comforted by...

    ReplyDelete