Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What do we do to suit our needs in times of economic uncertainty?







I have continued my quest to sort and organize my publications and supplies for my personal art studio. I realized I have to complete my renewal project and publish it before we take off for our next adventures. I worked in the studio and then went to my volunteer service/board meeting for the Greater Licking County Visitors and Convention Bureau where we faced so very discouraging news for our economic tourism here in Ohio. The funds are needed in so many areas but the children, the poor, the elderly, the libraries , the Arts and even our tourism are being cut or almost eliminated. I love where I live and know we have so much free to share and continue develop for everyone. Our board is voluntary and full of some wonderful people who work hard to show the diversity and histories of our community. As an artist I came home asking how I have changed my lifestyle since I faced layoff in December. Money is tight and with hospital and doctor bills I have to think twice before I write that next check. I feel that the opportunity I am giving my grand children with the theater workshops and plays this week might not seem important to another but I passionately believe "Art Saves Lives" and with the exposure and creative experiences give gifts to their future and education. I am making my supplies and energies go farther these days but with each endeavor I am living in my present moment. I do what I can and hope after a few more weeks my art schedule will return and I can find solace in my studio but until then I am collecting and sorting my materials and research. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment