Thursday, July 2, 2009

This is the coldest July that I can remember... fireworks really?




It was 64 degrees when we came home tonight from running errands to the post office, Lees delicious chicken and then to JoAnns for those space age /vacuum storage bags to hold my winter woolens and scarves. Ryan and Tina made it to Myrtle beach and it was 84 and sunny...the girls were ecstatic running in the waves on the beach. I am so glad they arrived safe and sound in South Carolina and will enjoy the next couple of days being beach bums. I was irreverent today while Ken made his way over to Capital and watched Bill Maher's Religious... a thought provoking movie about Faith and Institutions that proclaim "theirs" is the very best! It was a good movie to watch while I sorted winter clothes for storage or Goodwill...do I really want to give away my warm clothes? Tonight after answering my emails I worked on a new folder for day lilies and monarch butterflies ...the little flutter-bys are very prolific this summer and the humming birds are back but I am way too slow to capture them. Give me time...I guess the hummer does not understand my slow slothful camera moves.

I was given some exquisite antique Needlecraft magazines and they have already sparked a new direction for some small works I have in mind for the Newark Artwalk on July 31/August 1 for Liz Argyle's ...I will be out of town once again but I want to have some funky items to share. My brother will arrive on Tuesday with his family and then we will all head down to Louisville for a big family reunion...yikes I am running out of time and feel pressure. Tomorrow I will head over the a farm for a picnic lunch with dear friends and hopefully be able to take some more Nature inspirations and maybe even find more Rust process materials. Stay warm and enjoy your fireworks all weekend! Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment