Friday, July 3, 2009

a day of friendship on a farm ...a summer day to cherish





Today we went to two dear friends for a picnic lunch and a day exploring the intricacies of Nature's gifts. Vicki and Jennifer prepared shredded chicken, fruit salad, a fresh vegetable relish tray with dips and potato chips...all displayed in red, white and blue serving dishes. A gentle breeze filled the house with a cool moment of serenity and communion of spirits. We celebrated just being together and shared ideas for photography transfers, sheer veils of portraits and our love of the flowers and gifts from a garden. Ken made his famous fudge and a banana cream pie for dessert and we all enjoyed the leisurely lunch together. After lunch we walked the farm and Jennifer and I took some photographic shots of mulberry fruits, the multitude of day lilies, the quiet beauty of their pond and small lily pond... to name a few. We walked over to the garden and I was deliciously surprised by three glorious pieces of rust...a large grate and two long pieces to wrap in cloth. I am hoping these lovely design elements will work better and faster than my original subject... transfer is working but very slowly...I need more moisture so they will be placed on a tray of some sort. I hope you enjoy a few of the pictures and know the fresh air and wonderful foods filled my belly and my soul. Gentle kindness would be difficult to find on this planet that compares with these two women's generosity and hospitality. We all commiserated on the act of down sizing and purging but will continue to support each other in this endeavor. I do feel better if I can find my supplies easier so work will have the opportunity to flow more freely. We compared the remaining summer calendar dates and family requirements so we can get together again after weddings and family reunions and other obligations. I came home with blooms in my heart and future blooms in my small garden...color color everywhere. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing a wonderful afternoon with us. I didn't think the day could get any better, but I was wrong...I ended the day with a piece of Ken's fudge...perfection! Looking forward to another great visit in the near future.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete