Monday, July 6, 2009

insight ...one gift we need to cherish and hold onto....




As Mondays go my medications were bearable...maybe I was distracted by the beauty in the newest blooms on my day lilies. On the other hand, a young mother deer ate three glorious blooms right outside my garage door but she is pregnant with what I think may be her first off spring so if she needed nourishment I think I can share with my newest mother. This afternoon I was amazed at how long she could dance in a silent melody and balance on her hind quarters and snacking on some of my lower branches on a sweet little maple tree. She seems to sense that I am a safe human being and there is no need to fear or stop eating for that matter. Simple gifts are meant to be shared.

My youngest brother is coming tomorrow with his family to visit on his journey down to our family reunion on Saturday. Ken and I went crazy at the grocery to make home-cooked goodies for a picnic and all the little snack foods one could desire on a hot summer afternoon. Fresh fruits, a big tossed salad, barbecue chicken, corn on the cob, German chocolate cake with ice cream and chips and dips. I know I left some things out but I do not want anyone to tell the family I let them leave hungry. I want to give them a warm memory to take away with them...his grandson thinks I am "Rosie"...my mother and I looked a lot alike. Family is a precious gift with the passing of each day and we are all still here so I want to show them and tell how much they mean to me.

On Friday, I am going to a Garden party to plein aire paint with a few dear friends. We all bring our stuff to work with and a sandwich and I will make another wonderful cool crisp salad to share. I am hoping the weather continues with our cooling breezes as our muses guide our brushes onto the canvas and capture a summer's mid morning dream. A circle of friends is another blossom in my heart's garden and I look forward to enjoying the garden party.

I need to close for now because I have a lot of baking to do and I want the table set and ready to welcome into our home. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment