Monday, July 13, 2009

Home sweet home...the colors in my cabin feed my soul...




After catching up on some much needed rest and picking up the clutter aftermath of unpacking and resorting for this weekend's family reunion in Indiana. I went to collect a few more items for my traveling art kit for the car and sorted the library books that will need to be returned before we leave. The colors in my home radiate an energy that is sometimes difficult to articulate. I assume all people feel the same about their home and surroundings but I gravitate to filling my home with bright colors and lots of light from outside. I hit the "Will" and found a couple of small items but no big score today. Tonight I have worked on the necessary paperwork to keep up on this important side of the "business". I would love to have a secretary to handle this part of the job but life goes on.

I need to work on my "aprons" for the Artwalk and plus refresh my formulas on the dyes mixtures I will incorporate into my works next week. The girls will be here on Wednesday so their Mom can train for her job and I am hoping to make a lesson plan for myself as I begin to assemble my projected process and the works I want to develop with my research. The summer is flying by and we all have "things" to do with normal summer expectations...summers used to feel like they were long but no more. I feel that I do not have the extra time I once felt I had and regret wasting doing little or nothing. Oh well I know it is one step at a time.

If you have the opportunity to see a movie called "Murderball" please check it out. It is an honest portrayal of members of the USA quadriplegic wheelchair rugby team. "We all have to use everything we have" and Independence is a premium focus of this inspirational movie on the Sundance channel. I almost switched the channel because I am not a rugby fan much less men struggling to win in their game of life...life still goes on and the interviews are quite moving. Dreams of"flying" whole once again with the use of all their limbs and functions. Families are vital in the recovery process but this is a fact that I live daily with those who love me as I am. We all have a job to do in this lifetime and we all climb our mountains to reach for our stars. My father lost his leg when he was just twelve years old and lived with his wooden leg until his last years on earth when he received a titanium spaceage life altering articfical limb. He never let this physical change alter what he desired to do in his life. I hope he is flying whole in heaven now with my mother. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment