Thursday, August 2, 2012

Today was GRRRRRREAT!!!!!

This morning Ken and I drove up to Mansfield Art Center to deliver two of my quilts for the next fiber opening on August 12, 2012 from 2 to 4 PM.  The staff was so welcoming even though we arrived before they were even opened!  The place is a favorite of mine and the space is open and inviting for the viewers to step closer for a more intimate view of each mark the artist has created.  Nestled in a circle of lush green trees...much like a cathedral of trees that embraces this sacred place to celebrate ART.

We then went downtown Mansfield and had a great lunch at a wonderful Greek restaurant ...there were no tables available when we left and the carry outs were just as busy on this sunny Thursday.  We had lemon chicken soup, spinach pie, a gyro with all the delicious fixings.  Unfortunately I can not remember the Greek names of these delicious foods but we took homemade honey/nut/cinnamon/puff pastry dessert!!!!Yum Yum!

Then I went down to the studio and what to my surprise I had two long lost friends stop by...Candy Foehl and her beautiful daughter Mary.  Candy and Dick live in Florida now and retirement looks great on her!  She has a sparkle in her eyes, she said it is because she has been with her children and grand children!  Ken came down and we caught up on our families and the numbers of our beautiful grand babies. Life does not get any better when old friends get a chance to catch up on our blessings. 

 I was the first quilt artist to bring in my works...this is going to be a great exhibit!



 Todd Camp's wonderful abstraction with circles...I love this guy!





Hand carved crochet hooks in a beautiful wooden box!





 This was a great lunch...it brought back my time in Greece and the families who shared their gardens and recipes with us as were allowed to be free to paint plein aire!  Awesome!
 How long has it been since you have seen a phone booth?  No this was vandalized ...the receiver was missing.  But it brought back so many memories ...way before cell phones!

 What a heart warming surprise...Candy you are good for my heart!  Thank you for taking the time to come over and see me in my messy studio!  You are so loved!!!



This is Candy's beautiful daughter Mary...can you believe Mary will have three kids in Newark Catholic next year.  She looks like a baby!


 Candy on the phone with Ken!  Guess who?????
 The smiles just kept coming!!!  Ken had her son Robert years ago and now Rob is a lawyer and the father of a handsome Simon and beautiful Charlotte!  We are so blessed.
 Ken is a happy happy man!
I made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby ...I am still searching for the perfect organization for my stamps.  I think by using clear drawers and shallow black baskets in each drawer I might be able to get a hand on the situation.  Ken cooked out on the grill and we enjoyed our sweet Greek pastry for dessert.  Now I am in a sugar coma.  Enjoy the photos...and happy Friday !!!!! Tomorrow we have a free concert with "Sticks and Stones" an old rock /roll band and free root beer floats with Dad's root beer and Velvet Ice Cream!  Peace,  Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

3 comments:

  1. Tomorrow I will go in early...I have got to clear the deck off my large wooden work /display table. And yes there is the free Root Beer Floats!!! Have a great day! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    Go USA!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great place to see an exhibit, wish I could join you and see it in person. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! How cool. Life is indeed good where you are!
    Sounds like the perfect day.
    :D
    XOXO - Cindi

    ReplyDelete